Dr. Robert Gladsden, senior laser surgeon at New Vision Laser Center, is the first refractive surgeon in Maryland to become LASIK Certified by the Council for Refractive Surgery Quality Assurance (CRSQA). This certification assures consumers considering LASIK that our patients results meet or exceed the council’s high standards.
Dr. Gladsden has been dedicated to refractive surgery since 1984. He was awarded the “VISX STAR” surgeon’s award for his performance as a refractive laser eye surgeon in 1999. This designation placed Dr. Gladsden in the top 5% of LASIK surgeons nationwide. This honor was awarded that year to the highest-volume surgeon in the United States and is based on procedure volume attained during the year.
- Residency in Ophthalmology, Mt. Sinai Hospital, Cleveland, OH. (Chief Resident)
- Surgical Internship, Mt. Sinai Hospital, Cleveland, OH.
- Doctor of Medicine, George Washington University, Washington, DC.
- LASIK Certified by the Council for Refractive Surgery Quality Assurance.
- VISX STAR Surgeon Award – 1999
Academic & Professional Affiliations:
- Clinical Associate Professor of Ophthalmology
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Maryland Eye Physicians and Surgeons
- International Society of Refractive Surgery
- MedChi The Maryland State Medical Society